Monday, March 16, 2009

Time Out for Women

This past weekend, my cousin Summer and I and her friend Sharla all drove down to Houston to go to "Time Out for Women."  Summer is from Houston, so my aunt Mary Ann (her mom) went with us with one of her good friends.  We all had such a great time.  It was such a fun "Girl's Weekend"!  (just what I needed after finding out I'm having a 3rd boy)  On Friday evening, Sheri Dew spoke (who was awesome) and Wendy Watson Nelson (Russel M Nelson's wife).  They were both great!  Jenny Jordan Frogley and Abe Mills (member of Jericho Road) were the musical guest and they were so good!  Then, we had it all day on Saturday too.  Kenneth Cope was the musical guest and sang different things all throughout the day.  The speakers were Mary Ellen Edmonds (so funny and good), Brent Top (great!), Wendy Ulrich and Chris Stewart.  They were all so good and very inspiring.  All the messages were very hopeful and optimistic.  Then, after TOFW was over, my uncle Brad took us all to Pappasito's- my favorite!   The, home to watch Mamma Mia and have Blue Bell Ice Cream!  What could be better!


**Thanks Ben for watching them on Friday afternoon.  I REALLY appreciate it!
***Thanks Phil for watching the boys all weekend so I could go!  It was great and I loved it!  I know the boys had a blast with you!  

1 comment:

Misty said...

Ohhh - I'm jealous. Sounds like you guys had a great time. Does this mean your not coming to the one in AZ with me? :) That sounds fun with a newborn, right?